Mockingjay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Mockingjay!
Welcome, Guest, to Mockingjay!
The Dark Days are over and the Hunger Games once again begin. This is an AU world of the Hunger Games. Some useful links:
Rules
Character Sheet
Face Claim
And we welcome our newest user keanor!

The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith))

2 posters

Go down

The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith)) Empty The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith))

Post by Matthew Lee Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:34 am

It was a breezy day at District 8. And Matt just finished shopping for the latest Capitol's fashion. Most people would think for a guy his age, shopping alone for his own style would be a weird scene, but for the people how Matt was with clothes, they will be staring in awe instead. And when some women gasp when he passed by, the victor from District 8 only smile politely and nodded, while carrying several small bags in his hand consist of one pair of pants, two mild-color shirts, a perfume, and... yeah. You know the drill.

The asian-looking guy then turned to a coffee-shop nearby, to order his favorite mocca-latte. Since this was his one day break for the entire week, he had to use it properly. After 6 days of socializing, a day for himself was the best choice. Sure, Matt liked to chat and gossip. He loved socializing, because it's one of those things that he was good at. But there were time for breaks once in awhile, and for now, he used his break from the job as Master of Ceremonies for some Matt's time. Shopping, getting his favourite drink, and then buy some books from the bookstore... Ah, it was one of the best day of his life. The one that didn't involve socializing, that is.

But sadly, Matt's luck of the day had to be cut short. Just a few moments after he got his coffee, suddenly there were girls squealing in front of the shop. He could only smile and nodded, realizing that he can't stay there anymore. However, she he walked towards the bookstore... the mob followed his every move, giggling excitedly. When he knew that his charm won't disperse those people, he had no choice but... to run. Matt didn't even care when his coffee almost spilled when he zipped, passing by the boutiques and other buildings, ignoring the mob that was screaming now. My God, please, no more crazy fan, he wished that will all his might. The last time this happen... well, let's just say some things are broken. And Matt was not talking about his merchandise.

Thankfully, he managed to turn when the mob are still screaming in the corner. The bad news was: he bumped to a girl. The only thing Matt could notice was her hair: blonde and wavy. Before she could say anything else, Matt put his finger to his mouth, and then dragged her to an alley. Only after the crowd was gone, Matt let go of her shoulder. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "I don't mean to dragged you so suddenly, it's just... girls can be crazy sometimes." Then he realized something was wrong in that sentence, and winced. "Oh dear. I don't mean you. I... I'm sorry. Are you okay?"
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith)) Empty Re: The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith))

Post by Ana Collins Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Mika Smith couldn't have been more annoyed. She wore a simply t-shirt, she couldn't pretend her family wasn't rich. They were rich, but only because when they were little they worked really hard. Now it was Mika's turn to work hard. But having the Hunger Games in her hands wasn't easy. Since everyone from ages 12 - 50 had to be in it, Mika was afraid not only for herself but for her friends and family. She was glad though, her grandparents didn't have to ever be in it. She had only met them once, but they were pretty old in Panem standards. Mika knew people who didn't make it over the age of 11. It was really, really sad. "Mom, dad," Mika growled. "The Games are not cool. They're ridiculous!" She stomped her way watching the girls follow their victor, Matthew Lee. Mika rolled her eyes, when Matthew had won, she had to admit, she was excited and happy. But now, it was just plain annoying.

Suddenly Mika bumped into a guy. She gasped. He had dumped his coffee on her. She was about to speak when the guy pulled her into the alley. "What was that for?!" She demanded immediately. She took a tissue out of her pockets and wiped her shirt. "Look where your going..." Mika's eyes narrowed when she saw who it was. "Matthew Lee. Don't think I'm nice to you just because of you being our victor, possibly youngest victor in District 8." Mika sneered. She wasn't being nice, she didn't know why. Something just really annoyed her from the morning to now. "Don't pretend I didn't see you being all...happy when you won. I hate the Games, you act all stuck up to them! I hate them. I hate them...and watching them is worse!" Mika wanted to cry, but the wasn't the type. All she had close to a weapon was a knife she threw at her 'board' with circles. Middle was 50 points. She had gotten it a lot. All she had was that for entertainment. "Why did you have to pull me here anyways?!" Mika demanded.
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith)) Empty Re: The meeting that (might) start it all ((Mika Smith))

Post by Matthew Lee Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:41 pm

To his surprise, this girl didn't act like the rest of them: the scary mob of girls that always screamed and giggled around him. Not that Matt hated those kind of attention, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. But, this blonde-wavy girl... she wasn't like any girl like Matt knew: no laugh, no staring him with awe, and most definitely no girlish squeal. The only thing that projected in her eyes were anger. Lots of it.

Apparently, Matt's coffee spilled at her t-shirt, spoiling that beautiful fabric. The girl screamed in annoyance, obviously furious from the situation. After she realized who he is, she began to rant about the Games: how she was not happy with it, why would he was happy when he was winning, et cetera. Matthew Lee blinked in disbelief when hearing all of this. Yes, he was smiling at the end of that gory battle. But it was a sad one. A sad smirk because in the end, he has to choose: kill his partner or die. Instinctively, he chose the first option, because that was just how to survive in the Hunger Games. It was harsh of course, but that's how it worked-whether everyone liked it or not.

This time, he was forcing a smile, something he rarely do when answering all of the girl's sentences. "Okay. First of all... calm down." He reached to one of his bag, then pulled out a brand new baby-blue shirt. It was made for a guy, but he wanted to give that to her. "Here. Take this as a token of my apology. And second..." Matt looked at the girl's eyes with concern stare. "I maybe a victor, but I'm not proud of what I do. I think the Game is very ridiculous, but c'est la vie. It's how life is in Panem. Whether you like it or not, it has to be done. Survive or die: That's how you live in this... place." He threw the shirt to the girl's lap. "There. You should change somewhere. Do you want to go with me to the bookstore? Maybe you could change in the bathroom there. But wait..." He peeked at the street. No fan girl in sight... good. "Now it's safe. Come on."
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:13 pm

The boy told her to calm down. Mika rolled her eyes. He's so annoying. And he's our victor? Mika rolled her eyes. The twenty-two year old didn't like that. He gave her a shirt. One look at it and Mika knew it wasn't meant for her. "Are you kidding me?" Mika gaped. It wasn't a 'nice' are you kidding me, it was as if she meant Matthew was crazy. He probably was. Those years in the Games probably made him crazy. "This..." Mika trailed off unsure what to say. After Matthew said 'c'est la vie' Mika knew she wanted to slap him. Really badly. "C'est la vie? What are you, crazy?! You killed...her..." Mika wanted to punch him and she did, not really hard. Slapping would've been better. "You do know she was my friend right?!" Mika almost knew everyone but that girl was close friend. "I can't believe you...and no it's not life, we weren't even supposed to have the Games! She was only 14!" Mika took a deep breath to calm down. Matthew said she could change in the bookstore and all Mika did was laugh pretty rudely.

"No thanks," Mika sneered. She threw back the shirt. "Take this, victor. Who do you think you are, saying that it was fine killing that little girl?" Still, all the years after she died, Mika hadn't recovered. "Boys." Mika muttered and sat down. Safe? Mika thought. "Matthew, if you don't tell me, I swear...I'll call back those girls." It was the best she could say and she could do it. Those girls hated her, most of them, and if she called them over for Matthew they'd like her as a friend and it'd annoy Matthew. Mika only liked the last part the best. "And I don't think you want that." Mika smirked, and she glanced at a pin that had managed to get out of the coffee mess. It had been a present from her friend for her birthday. Turning sixteen was something great. They were going to celebrate after the reaping but then the Games came.

"Ruining everything," Mika snarled. "She was going to come to my birthday!" It sounded lame compared to what she usually said but it was something. "Matthew Lee, if you don't apologize to her..." What she said sounded weird. How would he ever apologize to her? She was long dead. "Five. Years." Mika muttered. For five years she lived with her best friend, and it had turned her into something she could never believe, a rebel against the Capitol. "She was gone for five years!" Mika shouted, standing up, surely attracting attention of those fan-girls, which she wanted. "Five years, Matthew Lee!" Mika shouted at the top of her voice. Mika smirked and him and sat down. "What do you have to say for yourself...Lee?"
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Again, this girl surprised her. She quickly slapped the new light blue shirt Matt just bought (that was worth two wedding jobs to him) back to his lap. Matt would have been steamed if it wasn't for what she said before: something about killing someone. Suddenly his eyes widened in disbelief. Could this be... the girl that Winona was talking about? What was her name... Mika? Mika Smith?

In a split second, his mind drifted back to the old days: when Matt was training after he got reaped. And he was training with his partner of course: a girl named Winona Stryder. She was sweet, bubbly, very good with the interview... but also deadly in the field. Matt knew her better than anyone. Not only personally, but on her skill level as well. When Matt was training with a katana, Winnie (that's how he called her) would practice her knife-throwing abilities beside him. They would talk about anything: Matt would babble about gossip and such, since it was something he's good at. Then Winnie would laugh at those facts, while replying with stories of her own instead. And yes, most of it involved one particular girl: a wavy- blonde with sparkling eyes named Mika Smith.

Winnie told Matt that if she won the Game, her best friend would be waiting in the district for her to celebrate Mika's birthday. Then Matt would laugh, and asked whether this Mika would ever liked Matt if she would ever saw him in person. Back in the district, Matthew Lee can be considered handsome, charming, sociable, straight-A student... the whole deal. Most girls would die to have him as a boyfriend. But Winnie would laugh so hard afterwards until the knives slipped from her fingers. After she was done with laughing, she would tell Matt with teary eyes that Winnie and Mika was not that type of girl. They never cared much about how popular Matt was or how handsome he looked. For Mika and Winnie, Matthew Lee was invisible… and a bit snobby. Matt gasped when he heard this, but only shook his head afterwards with a smile. Those girls were not a typical one that loved to scream and squee, but Matt never had a problem with them. They were the one who used to have a problem with him. But because of that conversation, the two of them bonded. And the reason they were the two last tributes was because of that bond. In the end, one of them had to choose: Kill the other or be killed.

When it was time, Matt didn’t know what to do, to be honest. He has a katana in his hand, and all he should do was bash or stab Winnie in the heart. But he can’t. That girl might not be a suitable friend or anything, because they were too different. But still… they knew each other. And from what Winnie told her just before the Games started: Matt had to kill her. He just had to.

It was her last request.

After the victor party, Matt immediately searched for Mika. But he just can’t seem to find her. It was like she had vanished to thin air. But when he finally decided to give up a few weeks ago… he had to bump her. And spilled coffee all over her shirt, no less. Now, she was ranting very fast about Winnie with all her might, and even threatened to call those girls back if Matt didn’t tell her what happened back then. He sighed, and then try to persuade Mika as long as he could. “I would love to stay and chat, but this is not the place. Let’s just… make you change first? Otherwise, that stain would last a lifetime.” Just when Mika sat down, Matt pulled her back up and guide her to the bookstore. The good news: no girls in sight. The bad news: they were waiting outside the bookstore, for Matt’s arrival. He quickly pushed Mika to step inside the nearest store he could find: which is a girl’s boutique. There was nobody there, so Matt assumed the clerk was busy with something. He grabbed a dress that might suitable for Mika, and just shoved it in the girl’s hand while pushing her into the dressing room. Before she could protest, Matt said his words in a fast pace.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry to cause you such trouble, for not finding you earlier, for… for everything. I am really sorry, Mika. I wished I could take it all back, I wished I was the one laying in the pool of blood. But-“ He paused for a second. “I just had to do it. You… You might never understand, and you might never want to. But I have my reasons. And she has hers. All I can say is… I’m sorry. I really, really am.” But there was no respond from Mika. Matt could only closed his eyes, hoping that it was not too late to ask for forgiveness.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Mika Smith eyed Matthew as he threw the shirt to her, making her change. When he said he was sorry Mika suddenly felt...awkward. Why wasn't she being nice to him? It wasn't his fault. It was the Capitol's. If her mom was here, she'd agree. Mika sighed, but didn't speak. It was partly his fault. Why didn't he prove to the Capitol he'd want them both to live? "It's partly your fault, Matt." Mika's smile widened and she threw his shirt at him. "I don't need that." She said and she dragged him back into the alley, he wasn't that heavy after all. "Matthew I guess even because your dumb," She flicked his head. "I will forgive you. But don't take this lightly. That was a life, wasted. She had a whole life left in her. And she was younger than me!" Taking a deep breath Mika stopped her rambling. "Matt dear," Mika looked around her. "How's it with the fan girls? Don't bother me or...I will call them back, and you can even dare me to. I will." Mika smirked. She was unlike other girls because of that. "I will, Matthew Lee, and if you don't believe me I'll do it now."

Then she huddled in the corner, waiting for Matt to leave. "Matthew, you can go, be your dumb old victor self." When she was sure he wasn't looking, or maybe she didn't know, she wasn't paying attention, she started to put her face in her lap and sniffed. She really missed her friend, and now, remembering her made Mika really sad. "Oh Win, where are you when I need you? Why..." Mika almost knew Win wouldn't leave her, so that part Matt probably made up, she didn't like him for that. But again, she wasn't caught up on every single word in the games, all she mattered was Win stayed alive. She had so much hope until she saw who was the other reminding alive guy. "You should've died for her, Matthew, you should've. But you didn't." Mika said almost too loudly. She hoped those words would go into Matthew's ears, show him how cruel he had been, he had been played in the Games. Then she turned to face the wall, not speaking. That way anyone who passed the alley wouldn't see who she was. She had been known as a tough girl but it looked like her toughness was breaking down
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Dragging Mika to the bookstore, but got into the dress shop instead: that is what Matt planned before. But all of that changed when Mika suddenly gone soft. He forgot about what he would do next after he saw how she acted: all nice and gushy. Well, not entirely fine, but it was better than before. Matt's plan shattered, and he started his apologize right there, in the alley. Thankfully, Mika's response was not angry anymore: more like a tired version of herself. Tired of being angry and furious. Then she asked about how was the fan girls doing instead. After glancing at the bookstore for a split second, he nodded as his reply. "They are surrounding the bookstore. I try to find out how they could know where I will go every time, but... I still don't know how." He shrugged. But Matt kept his mouth shut afterwards, and listened to Mika more carefully.

When she wailed that she needed Winnie now, once again Matt's heart beat with an unusual throb. It ached more as Mika mentioned that Matt should died instead of her friend. Gulping his guts, he looked at the wall with a wistful look. "I already said I'm sorry." Matt wanted to tell Mika about the truth. That Winnie actually had an incurable illness. That Winnie actually asked Matt to protect Mika afterwards, before they even entered the Game. He desperately want to comfort Mika, but seeing her actions before, he was afraid that he would offended the girl even more. Instead, he stood up, walked towards Mika, and then stop beside her while leaning to the walls. "What should I do to prove to you that I'm sorry? Well, except dying of course." Winnie wouldn't want that. But Matt let that be a thought on his head. "Please, ask anything. If you want to punch me, go ahead. I won't mind." He winced even before Mika respond. Face was one of his asset, but Matt was willing to let that get beaten for now. Anything to get this girl apology.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Mika gritted her teeth. Matt was making her sound like a weirdo. Sighing, Mika got up, seeing Matthew there made her angry. She listened to what he said but then she did something she had no control over. She hugged him. Then when she came to her senses she slapped him. "Quit. Twisting. My. Mind." Mika scowled. But she couldn't forget the feeling, it was awkward when she hugged him. "I won't punch you idiot, just don't mess with me. Or my mind either." Shaking out of her messed up mind, Mika sat down and didn't know what to say. She knew she disliked Matthew, but for some reason, she also felt like he tried to be nice, he just wasn't nice. She didn't speak but she looked shocked, paling a bit before she spoke, "Matt...what do you owe me?" She wanted to make good use of it. She knew he owed her Win's death, which meant a life he wouldn't give. "What do you owe me?!" She shouted, standing up, red faced.

She was really angry. Matthew was messing with her, she couldn't forget the shadows of her Win, and now, she had done something she could never forgive herself for. Hugging a murderer. "Sorry doesn't cut it," She growled. "You think saying sorry would bring back a dead person? That will never happen. Why didn't you help her? Even her illness would've been cured. My father...he...had might've had a solution. We waited. It's shame you killed your own tribute, I can't believe our district thinks your...cute...you killed Win! Her sister doesn't like you, her parents sob every day...and me? Did you forget about me? I'm her best friend, I never forgot about her. And I never forgot about you." A murderer... Mika thought, sniffing silently inside her head. Mika looked at him then said, "You do understand...forgiveness will never be something I'd have ready for you...but maybe...we can be friends..."
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:43 am

When Matthew Lee winced, he was bracing himself for the upcoming slapping or punching that might come from the girl. But instead of violence, he got something that he was not expected. Like, at all. Mika Smith was hugging Matt. A real hug... at least for him. For a moment, Matt was tempted to hug back. To stroke her golden hair, to comfort her as best as possible. But before Matt could even react, Mika suddenly released her hug and gave him a firm slap. Shocked beyond belief, all Matt could do was stare at Mika while she ranted about what Matt had owned her. "Nothing!" Matt screamed back in return. "I don't own you nothing!" But I own Winnie... everything.

But apparently Mika didn't hear his desperation, as she continued to rambled about Winnie. Matt's eyes widened when she mentioned that Winnie's sickness could be cured. "But, I thought... She said..." But Matt lost his words. Winnie was very specific when she told Matt that her illness was moving to critical stage. She might be look like a healthy teenager outside, but inside... her liver was failing. She asked-no, begged- for Matthew to end his life, if they should ever got the spot as the last two tributes. And inside the promise, she made Matthew to look after Mika. That no matter how long it took, he would find her best friend and protect her with all his might. Matt had given her his word, and now, when he finally found the girl... She actually resented Matt even as a person.

But Matt's eyes lit up when she heard Mika mentioned that word. Friends. Yeah, maybe they can be friends. "Do you want to... be friends?" Matt's tone was hopeful now. This might could work after all. "Well, okay then. How about a handshake? For truce and the beginning of our friendship." He offered his hand while smiling as confident as he possibly can. All Matt could hope was for Mika not to slap him anymore.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Mika smirked. "Sure thing, weird boy." Mika's shaking hand shook Matthew's. "You deserved that slap...friend." Mika sighed and sat down, and smiled at Matt, for once she didn't want to punch or slap him. Instead she wished he was there to make her feel much happier, he owed her a lot, even Win. That meant everything. "You owe me a lot, you know that, and I don't care what you say." Mika muttered and suddenly jumped up, hugging Matthew. Mika's eyes widened. What in the world was she doing? She absolutely hated Matthew now. But she was too tired to move. Her eyes closed, she thought she was falling asleep, and she probably was. But inside she felt awful, with her best friend gone almost everything in the world was gone. Sighing, Mika looked at Matt and when she got her brain wires back she immediately let go. "Er..." Mika started to pace around awkwardly. She was unsure what to say.

"Matthew, you understand you will never ever be more than a friend. Not...you anyways...or even less than a classmate. If you're lucky." Mika muttered, but she smirked. Mika blinked and the young lady walked over to her corner and started to think about Win and Matthew. Matthew was dumb, he could've saved Win. He could've let them both out. Or he could've died and Win would've came out, but either way Matt had to, that thick head, had to let Mika's best friend die, missing her birthday. She hated him, she also hated the Capitol more. She never had such hatred but ever since Win's death she couldn't hold it anymore. She hated them. Mika directed to the Capitol, "And I hate you too."
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:50 am

When Mika shook his hand, Matthew Lee felt a jolt, which he never knew exist before. Yes, it was somewhat hurtful, but at the same time mildly soft and soothing. And even though her words were sharp, Mika's action was the opposite. Before Matt can respond to her sentence, she suddenly threw her arms around him once more. Only this time, the victor had the chance to respond. He gently stroked that beautiful hair of her, but quickly put his hands beside his torso when he met eyes with Mika. When she just walked around awkwardly, Matt had no choice but to gave her a faint shy smirk.

Mika then told Matt with a firm voice that they would never be more than a friend. Well, if she said it in the first place, Matt would be fine. But after getting hugged twice and that handshake... he had to suppressed the bubbly yet good feeling he had inside. It was not too late, but Matt didn't want it to go away either. The wavy-blonde girl muttered something else, but Matt didn't listen. He was too busy thinking of anything else, anything he could do to make his relationship with Mika even... bolder. No, he didn't want it to grow just yet. Just a bit firmer would do. He slowly walked towards Mika, and then stand beside her. "So... friend. Any idea what to do now?" He glanced to the end of the street, where the bookstore located. Now there were 10-20 girls in there, desperately searching for him so they could just catch a glimpse."I think my plans have to be postponed for now. That store is swarmed with... you know. Any ideas?"
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

((Whoa! Good thing you said 10-20 girls. Make sure you catch Mika. -nod- I'm controlling Miss. Lead Girl))
Mika snorted. She had enough of Matthew's talks. She wanted to leave. Immediately. But she stayed for a few more seconds. "Alright, friend." She threw the word out like it was a disgusting thing, something she would never want to call him again. "Let's just go with your name as Matt - Matt, I do not, not ever want to spent time with you again, friend, I mean honestly, I can't be seen around you." She glared at the squealing girls around the corner. "And your fan group," She was about to slap him, her hand raised up but then she froze halfway. If she was a friend, she'd be a good one. She was about to scream but she shut up immediately then she glared at Matt one more time before she stepped out of the alleyway.

The lead girl turned towards Mika and shrieked. She asked her where Matthew was. "I have no idea," Mika snarled before turning around. Then the other girl shouted something to the others, and before she knew it, nineteen girls came charging at her. Now, Mika was built for attacks, but against at least ten. The tried kicking at her, trying to get her to tell them where Matthew was, they said they had seen Matthew bump into her (which was quite unlucky) but Mika fended off at least twelve of them. She had always kicked old boards in halves for her dad who loved to build things. Then after awhile they charged from behind, which Mika wasn't as good fending them off. Soon, when the last girl charged, Mika had no energy left, and they managed to trample her over. She was falling, falling down and just about to hit the hard floor...
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

When Mika said she didn't want to be seen by Matt, a part of him felt it was normal. Matt can be considered as a celebrity, and sometimes being a celebrity could hurt not only himself, but others around him as well. But somehow, he suddenly felt lonely as well for no reason. It's not like Mika was ecstatic to be her friend or anything, but she's the first one who seemed... different. Getting that kind of response from her was... a little bit harsh.

With a cold tone, Mika said something about fan group then raised her hand to slap Matt once again. All he could do was winced, since he wasn't surprise by her actions. It was her right to do so, after what Matt had done to her friend in the Game. But suddenly, she stepped out from their alley. For a second, Matt was confused about what she wanted to do. But after hearing a shrill shriek that's familiar to him, Matt's eyes widened. It was a girl that tackled him a few weeks ago, some crazy fan from way back when. Before Matt could warn Mika, she already snapped at her. "No! Don't-" But it was too late. All of the girls from the bookstore suddenly charged at Mika, kicking and screaming, obviously demanding to know where Matt is, when the real person was standing beside them, scared out of his mind. When Matt came to his senses, it was exactly when Mika lost her consciousness. He let his instincts worked, and before he knew it, his hands was already on her shoulders, resting her head on his lap. While the fangirls gasped and squeal, Matt could only look at Mika's face. After making sure no great damage on her limbs, Matt did something he never done to the fangirls before: threatening. "If you still wanted me to be your idol, you better leave. Now." Realizing that Matt wasn't joking this time, the crowd dispersed in a matter of seconds. The victor then tapped Mika's cheek lightly. "Mika? Are you okay? Please answer me." He whispered in desperation.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Mika was dreaming. She dreamed about being overrun by girls then collapsing. Suddenly light flooded into her eyes. “What…?” Immediately her eyes fluttered open. She was in someone’s lap apparently. The eyes reminded her of someone she hated. Matthew. “You!” She jumped up, but immediately fell. She had a feeling she didn’t quite take care of the girls who attacked her “properly”. Mika looked at Matt then said, “Thank you, thanks for saving me and all that. I mean…that’s a nice thing a…” What could she call him? Hero wasn’t something Mika was willing to call Matthew, and now friend didn’t seem to “fit” him perfectly. Looking at Matthew, Mika managed to steady herself and sit up.

“Well, Matthew….” She didn’t finish and went to sit on the ground in the alley. She saw the sun setting. Immediately she knew it was going to be dark soon. She wanted to watch the sun set – it wasn’t something she always had time to see – and she wanted to stay out a bit late. For some reason the Capitol didn’t push her as hard as they pushed the other kids. And she was always given one break day – even though other kids begged for one break. Mika always wished she had her mom around to help. Her mom would explain stuff about being herself, she knew it, her dad knew nothing about being a girl. “Matthew…are you going to stay?” she asked. For some reason she respected him a bit more now. It was probably because he saved her life, but Mika knew she’d let him be for now.
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:13 am

After tapping her cheek, suddenly Mika's eyes opened. She was obviously surprised that she was in Matt's lap, and then tried to stand, but quickly fell again. All Matt could do was grabbed her once again. "Be careful." He said with a patient tone. As far as he concerned, Mika's reaction was not that peculiar. Not too long ago, she just slapped Matt and said how disgusted she was with the victor. But now, Matt just saved her life. It was normal for Mika to get a little confused. She managed to let out a thank you, but stopped when she wanted to call him something. To end the awkwardness, Matt only nodded and gave Mika a polite smile. "The least I could do. No worries."

Mika then sat on the alley ground. She was about to say something, but paused. Following her eyes, Matt realized that she was watching the sunset. How time could just fly by when they were bickering and got trampled by fangirls, Matt had no idea. And then Mika asked Matt if he wanted to stay, which catch him by surprise. Maybe there's a positive side from the unfortunate events he had been experiencing. "Sure." He said softly. "Do you want to stay here, or find a more... pleasant spot?" Matt furrowed his eyebrows while scanning his surroundings. An alley was not exactly a good place for them to hang out.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 pm

"Why don't we stay?" chided Mika, looking unhappy. She was stuck with the Hunger Games blood crazy victor. It sucked for her. She sat down looking at the floor. She didn't know what to think of Matthew - sure he was the world's biggest idiot but at least he wasn't the President. "How...do you stand watching our tributes...?" She didn't need to finish that thought. Matthew...how did he stand watching District 8 fade? The tributes dying was something Mika never watched, except once, watching if her brilliant friend made it through...but Matthew had to. "How's that for being the world's biggest idiot?" Mika asked, grinning suddenly, and punched Matthew in the arm playfully. She did enjoy having company for once - everyone ignored her - or she ignored them, ever since her best friend...died. Mika sat down grimly.

"I can't believe you...still...you do know if I ever...have you as a friend I won't forgive what happened..." Mika knew it wasn't just friendship and memory she was talking about. Or even replays. It was the history, Mika's memory, how she looked at Matthew for destroying her friend's life style. That's what she'd look at forever. "Although, since I forgave you, why don't we go ahead and do something more....exciting than work, dude?" She laughed as the word came out of her mouth, it was quite weird to call Matthew a friend and she doubted he "worked". Except for his annoying "clothing" stuff he probably did nothing more than breathing. "Ideas?"

((Oh...late and short...but I accept! XDD))
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 am

Seeing Mika got her color and attitude again, Matt felt a little relieved. Even though she looked a bit unhappy, at least she was talking again. However, what she asked next got Matt’s words evaporated into thin air. Scoffed, Matt tried not to look at Mika in the eyes, and stare at the orange sky instead. He suppressed his sadness, but he still afraid that it might show. “How do I stand?” Matt intertwined his fingers to one another, then sighed. “To tell the truth… I couldn’t.” His eyes gone misty, but he manage to hide them. “I consider Winnie as my sister. Killing her was the most horrible thing I ever did in my life.” Matt can’t help but to reminiscence on that unfortunate day, when he stand in front of Winnie and she basically embrace death with a relieved smile on her face. The blood, the gory, and the faint smirk of disappointment he had after getting that title… It all blurred in Matt’s mind. He was brought back to reality when Mika suddenly punched his arm with a playful attitude. The victor smiled, almost unable to strain himself from punching her back. Mika might respond otherwise upon that action.

At first, Mika was reluctant to forgive him. But after she finally confirmed her feelings, Matt could throw his arms to her shoulder at that moment. But he only grinned. “Well, then. Thank you for your forgiveness.” Sure, it might only just words for now. To forgive what Matt had done, it will took forever… literally. So Matt would be patient. Just like he expected Mika could do about him. “Ideas? Hmm. Maybe we could get a coffee and just… talk?” He pointed at his ruined coffee up. “After all, I haven’t got my caffeine of the day.” Matt smirked.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:35 pm

“Caffeine....” repeated Mika. She shook her head. “Live without it.” She dragged him into the nearest coffee store where the owner was her friend. She liked his coffees - they were all homemade and delicious. Last year, the President had almost shut that store until Mika told her (with a few friends) how awesome it was. The owner seemed to think he owed her or something. Handing the owner much more money than it was for two coffees she said, “Keep the change...no, keep it. Smiling, she took the coffees away, dragging Matthew while she was at it. “There's your dumb ol' coffee.” muttered Mika, stuffing his coffee into his hands. She was annoyed with Matthew's actions. If she told him that, he'd be glad, so Mika didn't speak.

She sipped her coffee, the warm drink and delicious taste filled her mouth as she smiled over at Matthew. “You are free to say whatever you like until...you get hyper...” Mika said sweetly. All she wanted to see was if Matthew would get hyper at all. “This will be a great show...” muttered Mika. She still had a headache as she doubled over, but straightened up pretty fast. Looking at Matthew she said, “Did...did she say anything....anything else in the arena...about me?” Mika hoped the answer was what she expected or Matthew would recieve a slap in the face - even if it wasn't his fault.
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 pm

When Mika lead the way towards the coffee shop that Matt never been before, the victor could only sighed and let the girl pulled him around. She might snap if Matt refused, but then again... he already felt so comfortable around her. He didn't want to mess that up. So, instead he stay quiet while Mika did all the work: ordering the coffee, getting them, then finally delivered them to Matt's hand. His eyes gone wide when he realized that Mika gave the cashier too much money but insisted that they kept the change. Apparently, this coffee shop was important to her. If not, why would she gave them so much money? But Matt let that to be a thought for this moment.

Sitting in the chairs opposite to each other, Mika and Matt sipped their coffee silently for a few seconds. Matt occasionally smirked to her sentences, but his smile wiped clean when Mika suddenly asked about Winnie... again. To tell the truth, Matt wasn't surprised. He would bombarded a victor with the same questions, if the victor killed his best friend as well. But to reminiscence back once again to that awful day... sometimes it's unbearable. "Well... she said you were an amazing person." And Matthew Lee didn't lie. Winnie would always tell that Mika is this, Mika is that... everything that good or bad about her, Winnie had told Matt all about it. But as for the truth, that was something that he wanted to find out by himself. "I mean, what else would you expect? She is your best-friend. Oh..." Matt gulped. "And she misses you every single day."

Trying to avoid that topic, Matt sighed than put her half-sipped coffee glass on the table, then stare at the sunset. "How did you two meet, by the way? I mean, I've heard her version... but what about yours?" He put on his best curious face, so Mika can't tell that he actually didn't want to talk about the Games anymore. Raising his eyebrows, Matt stare at the gorgeous yet brave girl, waiting for her answer.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Mika went on, explaining about how she and her best friend met. The details were blurry as Mika had started to cry but she explained how they met when they were little kids. At school. Mika smiled at Matthew. "Alright 'victor', you win. If you really want me to tell you...." She sent him a smirk. "If you want the truth...I actually had a c - c - " The words weren't coming out. Why? Because it was a long time ago, and people change. Mika changed the most. "Crush on you," She said quickly. Then she coughed a few times before continuing, "And not because you were 'cute', that's little girl stuff, because deep inside you aren't a bad person. I've always been able to see how people were...deep inside." To cover her red face, she dumped the whole coffee drink right into her mouth and choked. She coughed a few times before coming back to the real world. Her eyes were sparkling, why, she didn't know. "That year you were chosen...I wasn't only nervous about...her....but I was nervous...about you. Okay?" Mika scooted beside him so she could punch him. Not hard, but playfully. "And don't you dare think just because I said that I'll be nice to you."

She went back to her seat, her eyes sparkling more than ever. "Because I'll never be nice to you. Ever." She said. But there was a hint that she was joking, but even she didn't pick it out. She sipped her coffee until there was nothing left. She wasn't sure how Matthew would react to it - she also didn't want him thinking she liked him. Which was half-true but wasn't. She had a great idea of making a break for it to her house, making sure Matthew never found out where she went. She was just so confused what was going on. She knew she shouldn't have gone a little...sad, but she had, which resulted in speaking the truth. To get Mika to speak the truth, usually the number one thing was to make sure she was sad. And usually the only sad things that got her were her friend's death, and her mom. Her mom. Where was her mom? Mika looked at Matthew, frowning and asked, "Did you ever grow up with only one parent?"
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 am

When Ana admitted that she had a crush on him, it was like there’s something fluttered on Matthew’s stomach. So she did like me., he thought while smirking at his cup of coffee. He nodded slowly when Ana explained that she knew Matt was not a bad person inside. Though he must admit, he still feel responsible for Winnie’s death. Her blood was spill on top of his hands after all. However, setting that thought aside for a moment, the victor chose to enjoy what the girl said next. His smile gradually growing as Ana admit that she was concerned about Matt as well when he was chosen as one of the tributes for the Games. He raised both of his hands when she snapped… sort of. “You have every right to hate me. It’s okay if you don’t want to be nice towards me. Like I said, I understand and I fully accept the consequences.” He raised his eyebrows while smiling softly.

He shrugged when Ana implied that she would never be nice to Matt, ever. “Up to you.” That’s his final response before looking out the window. Not that he was bored with her face, of course. Matthew Lee was anything but bored. If he had the choice between a job and staring at Ana’s face all day, he would choose the second option any day. She was exceptionally beautiful. Winnie was gorgeous too, but this girl was… different. The only reason he looked out was because he didn’t want his rabid fans suddenly jumped in, and because he was a little bit tired on Ana’s response. He get it that she might never be nice to him, but Matt didn’t need the constant reminder. However, her question suddenly sparked his interest yet again.

“Yes, of course. I barely knew my father.” He sipped his coffee while saying that, and licked his lips. Matt’s mind reminiscence back to his past: a blurry mixture of his mother’s work and a vague masculine face. “I mean, my mom and I are really close. The last time we ever talked about my father was… I don’t know… 12 years ago? And that was an accident as well. I was asking about her first job, and she told me the story, unfortunately it was the first time she met him as well… That basically ends our conversation about my dad until this very day.” Matt gulped down, the stare Ana with raised eyebrows. “How about you? What’s your family history?” Though he asked it with a subtle tone, the victor did felt curious on that particular subject. Taking a deep breath, Matt bit his lips, anxious for Ana’s answer.
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee
Admin
Victor
Mentor
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Collins Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Ana bit her lip. Her family. Her family history. Now that was somethng she rarely ever heard - her family history. She rarely spoke about it and everyone in District Eight was too busy with other things. Her father had explained as much as he could, but the rest, he would always, always keep quiet. Always. “I grew up without a mom,” replied Ana softly. “My father always talked about her, yet we had never met. My father seemed sad, yet also okay with it at the same time. I always knew something about my mother was fishy, otherwise my father should've been sad. That's how people usually respond when someone in the family is gone.” Gone. Gone forever. Ana didn't like that word. “But he raised me...and as you see I'm quite normal, even without the other parent. Am I not?” She raised her eyebrow as if daring Matthew to say anything other than a yes. She gave a tiny giggle mixed with sadness. She really wanted to bash Matthew's head because of the question. She hoped her rage didn't show in her eyes - that would scare Matthew - and even if she wanted to, she couldn't reach him to bash his head.

She wasn't the violent girl - she left that job with the other districts and other mean girls in her year. Yet sometimes she thought violent thoughts because of things that rarely happened and then suddenly - poof - she was asked to explain. The only people she wanted to bash before were the popular girls and Matthew. That's was all. And her best friend...her best friend had always been by her side when any of the girls teased her. Her friend wasn't violent but was really protective of Ana. Why, she didn't know. A tear leaked from her eyes. No, she thought, trying to direct her thoughts to something else. After those Games, any mention of Winnie drove her to tears. She managed to hide her tears, but after Matthew's talk it as just too much to hold in. Tears started to flow down her face, fast and slowly. She tried wiping the away, but more came down. Thinking about her mother, wanted to make Ana scold her mother for leaving and also made her sad. She sniffed a bit before managing to wipe off all her tears, leaving a blurry Matthew's face. She was glad it was blurry - she didn't want to see anyone. She tried to get her snappy manner back. "I'm totally okay -" But before she finished it was it. She couldn't stand it. She missed too many people. She lost so many too. Tears flooded from her eyes as Ana buried her head into her arms.
Ana Collins
Ana Collins
Admin
District 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down